Needle Pick Up Kit - 5 Application
Everything needed to make safe a discarded needle and hygienically clean up the site. Follow the steps below to prevent a needlestick injury and minimise the risk of biological contamination.
- Step 1 – put on protective clothing, apron and gloves
- Step 2 – pick up syringe with tongs, carefully separate needle into sharps container using internal petal aperture and the place the syringe in the biohazard waste bag.
- Step 3 – close the container lid and place in the biohazard bag
- Step 4 – sprinkle the absorbent granules over the spill area and wait for the gel to form
- Step 5 – remove the gel using the scoop and scraper and place in the waste bag
- Step 6 – spray area with disinfectant, clean with the dry wipe and place in the biohazard bag
- Step 7 – remove the apron and the gloves and place in the biohazard bag
- Step 8 – wipe hands using the disinfectant wipe, place in the waste bad and dispose on bag in accord with local regulations
- Additional Videos