SAFECLEAN SURFACE SANITISER SPRAY 500ML AEROSOL
- SAFECLEAN has been specially formulated to kill/inhibit both bacteria & viruses (including enveloped viruses such as coronavirus) on a variety of surfaces such ashandles,handrails, doors, tables and desks & other areas of frequent contact with a single coating.
- Aerosol Application Clean and wipe Spray from a distance ofapproximately 20 – 40cm from the surface to be treated
- It is ideal for offices, conference centres, sports clubs, educational,care facilities & motor vehicles,aswell as entertainment & hospitality venues, including restaurants & pubs.
- It is safe to use on the skin & alcohol-free, so there is no drying or irritation to the skin.
Surface Sanitiser Spray 500ml Aerosol
- SAFECLEAN has been specially formulated to kill/inhibit both bacteria and viruses (including enveloped viruses such as coronavirus) on a variety of surfaces such as handles, handrails, doors, tables and desks, and other areas of frequent contact, with a single coating.
- It is ideal for offices, conference centres, sports clubs, educational and care facilities and motor vehicles, as well as entertainment and hospitality venues, including restaurants and pubs. It is safe to use on the skin and alcohol-free, meaning that there is no drying or irritation to the skin. Active biocides present in the formulation provide a longer lasting protection than alcohol based preparations.
- It does not stain, is non-corrosive and will give a streak and smear free finish to most polished surfaces including glass and stainless steel. We recommend you try the product on all surfaces before proceeding with mass sanitisation.
- Aerosol Application Clean and wipe Spray from a distance of approximately 20 – 40cm from the surface to be treated
SAFECLEAN has been tested to BS EN14476 which is the European Standard of Virucidal activity of chemical disinfectants. It has also been tested to BS EN 1276 which is the European standard for the Bactericidal activity of chemical disinfectants, and provides proof of efficacy in the control of harmful micro-organisms. In order to meet the Standard, products are tested by an independent laboratory, and must denature 99.999% within 5 minutes. What is it Benzalkonium Chloride? Benzalkonium Chlorides are a class of quaternary ammonium compound; these have been widely marketed for use in both disinfectants and antiseptics since the 1930’s They have a wide range of applications from domestic, agricultural, industrial, and clinical use, and as such, Benzalkonium Chlorides are among the most common active ingredients for this use in these products globally Domestic applications include fabric softeners, personal hygiene and cosmetic products (shampoo, body lotion etc), as well medical products such as nasal drops and eye drops where they act as antimicrobial preservatives These compounds have a multitude of registered uses that include applications on indoor & outdoor surfaces (walls, floors, toilets etc.), agricultural tools & vehicles, humidifiers, water storage tanks, water lines, food processing areas etc. How does it work? The majority of bacterial cells have a lipid bilayer (lipid membrane) outer surface, this is also true of enveloped viruses. The function of the lipid membrane is to protect the bacteria or virus from its environment. Benzalkonium Chlorides are commonly used as sanitizing agents because of their cationic (positively charged) amphiphilic property - having a distinct hydrophobic (‘water hating’) and hydrophilic (water liking’) region. What this means is that they can both penetrate and interfere with the integrity of the lipid bilayer, causing the membrane to break up, exposing the microbe to its environment, and causing leakage of its contents, thus denaturing the microbe. I have read that Benzalkonium Chloride irritates the skin? Benzalkonium Chlorides are known to irritate the skin at concentrations between 0.5% - 1%; our product is specially formulated at 0.5% w/v to provide optimal performance as a biocide, whilst not being high enough in concentration to irritate the skin. Why only BS1276? Safeclean is currently in process for a range of efficacy tests. At present, there is high demand on testing for viral efficacy, and we expect our certifications to be released in the coming weeks. We swiftly passed BSEN1276 (the bacterial test), which demonstrates efficacy against 99.9% of bacteria, and serves as proof of action against the lipid bilayer. Furthermore, given the widespread use of Benzalkonium Chlorides for antiviral use since the 1930’s, and widely accepted knowledge of its mode of action, we can have the confidence that the product is fit for purpose as an antiviral agent. Many products in the marketplace (including those containing Benzalkonium Chloride) have no testing certification whatsoever, and are still marketed for this use. How does the Safeclean compare to Ramsol? Both SafeClean & Ramsol contain Bezalkonium Chloride at 0.5% concentration Why is the CAS number different on your SDS vs the Ramsol SDS if they are the same product? Benzalkonium Chrlorides are a family of compounds, the difference we see between different CAS numbers comes from the varying length of the Carbon chain at the Cn position (circled in red below) Benzalkonium Chlorides are effective as biocides when the number of Carbon atoms in the chain is between 8 to 18 atoms in length. Both Safeclean & Ramsol will contain a mixture of molecules with chain length 8 to 18, but in varying proportions.
|Product Information = 33-480||816.6 KB||Download|