Safeclean Surface Sanitiser Spray 22 LTR Canister Only
- This is for the 22 Ltr Canister Only 33-481
- SAFECLEAN has been specially formulated to kill/inhibit both bacteria and viruses (including enveloped viruses such as coronavirus) on a variety of surfaces such as handles, handrails, doors, tables and desks, and other areas of frequent contact, with a single coating.
- It is ideal for offices, conference centres, sports clubs, educational and care facilities and motor vehicles, as well as entertainment and hospitality venues, including restaurants and pubs.
- It is safe to use on the skin and alcohol-free, meaning that there is no drying or irritation to the skin.
- Also available in a single 500ml aerosol sanitiser spray.
- 33-480 Safeclean Surface Sanitiser Spray 500ml £4.50 + VAT
- 33-481 Safeclean Surface Sanitiser Spray 22 Ltr Canister £198.00 + VAT
- 33-482 Spray Gun for Safeclean 22 Ltr Canister £89.90 + VAT
- 33-483 Hose for Safeclean 22 Ltr Canister £51.95 + VAT
- Clean and wipe
- Connect the spray gun to the hose ensuring that the locking nut on the gun is closed, then connect the other end of the hose to the canister, ensuring all the connections are tight
- Open the valve on the canister; this allows the product into the hose and gun, then open the locking nut on the gun to commence spraying
- Spray from a distance of approximately 20 – 40cm from the surface to be treated
SAFECLEAN has been tested to BS EN14476 which is the European Standard of Virucidal activity of chemical disinfectants. It has also been tested to BS EN 1276 which is the European standard for the Bactericidal activity of chemical disinfectants, and provides proof of efficacy in the control of harmful micro-organisms. In order to meet the Standard, products are tested by an independent laboratory, and must denature 99.999% within 5 minutes. What is it Benzalkonium Chloride? Benzalkonium Chlorides are a class of quaternary ammonium compound; these have been widely marketed for use in both disinfectants and antiseptics since the 1930’s They have a wide range of applications from domestic, agricultural, industrial, and clinical use, and as such, Benzalkonium Chlorides are among the most common active ingredients for this use in these products globally Domestic applications include fabric softeners, personal hygiene and cosmetic products (shampoo, body lotion etc), as well medical products such as nasal drops and eye drops where they act as antimicrobial preservatives These compounds have a multitude of registered uses that include applications on indoor & outdoor surfaces (walls, floors, toilets etc.), agricultural tools & vehicles, humidifiers, water storage tanks, water lines, food processing areas etc. How does it work? The majority of bacterial cells have a lipid bilayer (lipid membrane) outer surface, this is also true of enveloped viruses. The function of the lipid membrane is to protect the bacteria or virus from its environment. Benzalkonium Chlorides are commonly used as sanitizing agents because of their cationic (positively charged) amphiphilic property - having a distinct hydrophobic (‘water hating’) and hydrophilic (water liking’) region. What this means is that they can both penetrate and interfere with the integrity of the lipid bilayer, causing the membrane to break up, exposing the microbe to its environment, and causing leakage of its contents, thus denaturing the microbe. I have read that Benzalkonium Chloride irritates the skin? Benzalkonium Chlorides are known to irritate the skin at concentrations between 0.5% - 1%; our product is specially formulated at 0.5% w/v to provide optimal performance as a biocide, whilst not being high enough in concentration to irritate the skin. Why only BS1276? Safeclean is currently in process for a range of efficacy tests. At present, there is high demand on testing for viral efficacy, and we expect our certifications to be released in the coming weeks. We swiftly passed BSEN1276 (the bacterial test), which demonstrates efficacy against 99.9% of bacteria, and serves as proof of action against the lipid bilayer. Furthermore, given the widespread use of Benzalkonium Chlorides for antiviral use since the 1930’s, and widely accepted knowledge of its mode of action, we can have the confidence that the product is fit for purpose as an antiviral agent. Many products in the marketplace (including those containing Benzalkonium Chloride) have no testing certification whatsoever, and are still marketed for this use. How does the Safeclean compare to Ramsol? Both SafeClean & Ramsol contain Bezalkonium Chloride at 0.5% concentration Why is the CAS number different on your SDS vs the Ramsol SDS if they are the same product? Benzalkonium Chrlorides are a family of compounds, the difference we see between different CAS numbers comes from the varying length of the Carbon chain at the Cn position (circled in red below) Benzalkonium Chlorides are effective as biocides when the number of Carbon atoms in the chain is between 8 to 18 atoms in length. Both Safeclean & Ramsol will contain a mixture of molecules with chain length 8 to 18, but in varying proportions.
- Additional Videos
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Fast drying easy to use - highly recommended
Easy to use, quick drying very effective. We have used this product across the school in large areas such as auditoriums, communal areas and vehicles (school minibus).
Value Quality Price